When you use Network License mode, it might be necessary to delete licenses previously added. This is done with a program named Wlmadmin.
- You have installed the License Server
- You have prepared WlmAdmin program on a computer that has network access to the License Server
License Server itself is the simplest choice
WlmAdmin is part of Sentinel RMS Tools package
SentinelRMS x.y.z-Tools package can be downloaded from the Download page
From the license server, or from any computer in same network:
- Start WlmAdmin.exe
- Find the server (if necessary, add it to the defined server list)
- Find the license feature name
- Find the license.
You can check the current state, the start and end date if there is more than one license for the same license feature name
- Right click on the license, then click on: Delete license from server and it’s file
Check if the license has been correctly deleted
The license file default name is lservrc and the default location is :
- Sentinel RMS 10.1 : %CommonProgramFiles(x86)%\Thales\Sentinel RMS License
- Sentinel RMS 9.6 : %CommonProgramFiles(x86)%\SafeNet Sentinel\Sentinel RMS License Manager\WinNT
So, you can also, after stopping the relevant service, edit the file.