In some cases, you may have to update Sentinel RMS License Server:
- compatibility with the OS update
- compatibility with the client application
- bug fix
- You have copied the new version of Sentinel RMS License Server setup on the server
- You have prepared WlmAdmin program on the server
WlmAdmin is part of Sentinel RMS Tools package
Sentinel RMS License Server setup and SentinelRMS x.y.z-Tools package can be downloaded from Download page
This update is a simple procedure which should only take a few minutes.
Even if it can be seamless, it is recommended to do this update without any user connected with an application using the license server.
- Make a backup copy of Sentinel RMS license file. This file save the registered licenses.
- Uninstall current version of Sentinel RMS License Server
- Install new version of Sentinel RMS Server
- Check with WlmAdmin if licenses are still registered. If not, register them using the backup copy.
Sentinel RMS License file is a text file, which location is by default :
Folder : %CommonProgramFiles(x86)%\SafeNet Sentinel\Sentinel RMS License Manager\WinNT File : lservrc